02 Apr Is It Time to Kick Your Air Conditioner To The Curb?
It’s a dilemma we’ll all face; like any electronic, it’s a matter of when, and not if, your AC will eventually break down. At what point do you stop repairing and give it an eviction notice instead? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
• What is your home energy yardstick? Use this handy tool (free) from Energy Star to see how your energy consumption measures up to other houses around the country.
• Could you save money by installing a more efficient model? If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, you could save up to 20% by installing a new unit.
• Is your air conditioner noisy? It could be a problem with the indoor coil, which means it’s time to schedule service.
• Are there tax credits available to sweeten the pie? In Michigan, there are; send us an email to learn more.
• Could it significantly improve your comfort? If it’s not cooling efficiently, why are you paying for it? Don’t sacrifice comfort to keeping an out of date unit around.
• Do you care about the environment? Our federal government has mandated HVAC manufacturers phase out R-22 refrigerant and switch to R-410A, a non-chlorine refrigerant.
Replacing an air conditioner can feel overwhelming, but if it improves comfort and lowers your bills, it might just be worth the effort. Make an appointment today to have one of our advisors evaluate your current system.
Haley Mechanical proudly offers high efficient Lennox air conditioning systems; we are a Lennox Premier Dealer.