25 May The Benefits of a Geothermal System Go Far Beyond Energy Savings
At Haley Mechanical., we recognize the fact that more and more homeowners and businesses are becoming “environmentally aware,” making a real effort to reduce their carbon footprints. As an installer of Waterfurnace, the most trusted geothermal systems available today, we know that the benefits extend far beyond energy savings. While it’s true that the monthly savings you enjoy with a geothermal system can essentially pay for the cost of having a new system installed, there are several other important benefits you’re sure to find interesting – and that likely apply to your home or business.
Other than energy savings, what are the benefits of a geothermal system?
- Longer life span. Gas furnaces typically last about 15 years before extensive repairs or replacement become necessary. The average life of a geothermal system is about 20 to 25 years, due to the fact that there are fewer moving parts. Additionally, the portion of the system that is placed underground often has a warranty of as long as 50 years. Unlike with outdoor units, you don’t have to worry about equipment being exposed to snow, rain and other elements that can potentially cause damage over time.
- A safer environment for your family or employees. A geothermal system is a “smart” and safe energy choice, as there is no exposure to carbon monoxide or worry of combustion.
- Environmentally friendly. We mentioned reducing your carbon footprint earlier – but did you know that you can reduce it by as much as 50%? Geothermal energy is endorsed by both the U.S. Department of Energy and the EPA as a heating/cooling option that is considered “environmentally friendly.” Why? These systems do not emit potentially dangerous gases such as carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide.
- Greater comfort. Have you ever experienced areas or “spots” in your home that feel hotter or colder than the rest of the house? This can happen for a variety of reasons with a conventional heating/ac system. With geothermal, pockets of hot and cold air can be eliminated through accurate broadcasting of air.
- Peace and quiet. Most traditional heating and cooling systems make some noise, whether it’s minimal or so extreme that it’s noticeable every time the system kick on. With a geothermal system, you enjoy pure peace and quiet; when there’s no outdoor unit, you can actually enjoy listening to nature for a change.
Have you made the switch to a geothermal system to heat/cool your home or business?
The benefits are obvious, and the cost savings substantial. Why not make the change today?
Haley Mechanical is a certified Waterfurnace Geopro Master Dealer. Only the best are invited by Waterfurnace to receive this designation. Haley Mechanical has been installing geothermal units in Michigan for over 15 years. Our certified technicians are available 24 hours a day if you ever have a problem with one of your units.