17 Jul What are Mini Split Heat Pumps & What are the Advantages
What are Mini Split Heat Pumps & What are the Advantages
Many Southeast Michigan homeowners have heard of mini split heat pumps, and they’re growing in popularity every day. Still, there is quite a bit of confusion as to what these systems are, how they work, and what the advantages are over other heating/cooling systems regarding comfort, performance, and energy efficiency. We’ve got the answers!
What is a Mini Split Heat Pump?
It’s a system consisting of four components that are capable of cooling or heating either large, spacious areas in your home or individual rooms. The elements of a mini split heat pump include a compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and evaporator. Ideal for homes with a central thermostat and rooms that tend to be too warm or too cool, a mini split heat pump provides cool air in summer months and warm air in winter months. Refrigerant circulates through copper coils that transform it from liquid to vapor in a closed loop. You’ll enjoy the silent operation as one component sits outdoors.
Mini Split Heat Pumps & Their Numerous Advantages
Compared to traditional HVAC systems, mini split heat pumps offer several advantages including:
- Improved indoor air quality. Allergens and contaminants in the air are reduced as heat pumps filter the outdoor air.
- Comfort for your lifestyle. Many homeowners prefer not to heat or cool every room of their homes; mini split heat pumps let you cool or heat the rooms of your choice, providing superior comfort while reducing energy costs.
- Energy efficiency. If cutting down on energy costs is your primary focus, no other type of heating/cooling system is as efficient as a mini split heat pump.
- You have the ability to cool or heat almost any room or area of your home you choose because there is no ductwork to worry about.
- Simple installation. Compared to traditional HVAC systems, mini split heat pumps are minimally invasive and use small pipes that carry hot and cold air between the inside and outside units.
- Reduced carbon footprint. Now you can heat or cool various “zones” in your home without ductwork and their problems (holes, leaks, etc.), making it possible to customize your comfort! This means no air loss, no cooling or heating spaces that don’t need it. Efficient, cost-effective, and a reduced overall carbon footprint.
Ready to get started on a more energy-efficient, comfortable, healthier Ann Arbor home? Give the experts at Haley Mechanical a call today for all of your heating and cooling needs.