27 Feb Why Make the Move to a High Efficiency Furnace?
Information Michigan Homeowners Need!
In Dexter, Ypsilanti and all over Michigan, winter months bring plummeting temperatures – and it stays cold for months! Considering temperatures often never get out of the 30’s from December through February, it’s important that you have a furnace you can depend on to keep your home and your family warm and comfortable all season long. However, it’s also important to most homeowners to save as much as possible on energy costs, which is just one of the reasons you may want to upgrade to a high efficiency furnace.
If you have a furnace which was installed before 1992, it’s probably obsolete – which translates to expensive to run. Today’s high efficiency furnaces offer the most comfort, and some even convert up to 98.5% of the fuel consumed into heat! This is incredible, considering some older models only turn about 78% of their fuel into heat. At Haley Mechanical, we’re super impressed with the Lennox SLP98V gas furnace, for a number of reasons. Some of the benefits of this efficient and quiet furnace include:
- Energy Star qualified. Energy Star products meet or exceed energy efficiency guidelines established by the federal government.
- Quiet operation. The SLP98V is super quiet, in fact up to seven times quieter than other high-efficiency models.
- Precision comfort. A variable capacity gas valve allows you to adjust capacity output in increments as small as 1%, so you enjoy ultimate comfort.
- Maintains an ideal balance of humidity and temperature in your home with a variable-speed motor. The right humidity level is important – too much, and you could experience mold and mildew, damaging to your home and your family’s health. Too little, and the extremely dry air can damage furnishings, wood, and more.
- Consistent temperatures. Think about your current furnace; it’s either on or off. With the Lennox SLP98V high-efficiency furnace, Precise Comfort technology means your heater self-adjusts in regards to heat/air output depending on household activities such as showering and cooking.
- Cleaner, healthier air. By now, most homeowners realize that the air inside their homes is substantially more polluted than the air outdoors. This variable capacity system is an innovative technology that makes it possible for the air inside your home to be filtered continuously while in “fan on” mode – at about 1/3 of the cost of most standard single-stage furnaces.
Quiet operation, maximum energy efficiency, better for the environment, more consistent temperatures without the cold and hot ups and downs you experience with most furnaces between cycling on and off. Depending on your current heating system, the SLP98V can save you up to $800 each year or more on energy costs!
At Haley Mechanical, we’re the experts when it comes to heating, cooling, and energy efficiency for Southeast Michigan homeowners. Give us a call today to learn more about the Lennox SLP98V high-efficiency furnace and whether it may be right for your needs.