Homeowners in Ann Arbor and surrounding cities in southeast Michigan often find themselves in a “battle” over who’s going to control the thermostat. Some family members are too hot, others too cold. Everyone wants to be comfortable, but when you have only one thermostat controlling the entire house it could mean war! Who’s going to win the battle? Everyone can, with zoning!
How you can transform the “combat zone” into a comfort zone instead
Zoning systems involve the use of several thermostats, one for each “zone” in your home. These thermostats operate dampers located in the ductwork of your HVAC system and make it possible to customize the temperature in all the separate areas of your home.
Who are those who benefit most from zoning systems?
- The temperatures in your home are uneven
- Certain rooms always feel “stuffy”
- You have rooms that are rarely used
- Your utility bills are higher than you would like
- Certain spots in your home are noticeably hotter or colder than other areas
- You have a second floor, and the air is warmer than on ground-level floors
- Your home has large windows
- You have a home office that includes computers or other electronics that produce heat
- You have an addition built after your HVAC system was installed
- Your home is designed in a way that’s entirely or partially underground
- Zoning allows everyone in your household to enjoy comfort and eliminates inconsistent temperatures. You can end the battle, and everyone in your house enjoys his or her temperature preference!
Benefits of zoning systems for Southeast Michigan homeowners
Zoning systems offer wide-ranging benefits regarding energy efficiency and effectiveness and go far beyond cooling or heating your home. Enjoy benefits including:
- Enhanced efficiency – A well-designed zoning system can save you hundreds in energy costs annually because it is highly energy efficient. In fact, your new system will pay for itself in just a few years, and when combined with a programmable thermostat could result in energy savings of as much as 35%!
- Accurate control – Your family enjoys more control and options than ever before because the areas of your home are divided into specific zones which allow for divided comfort in each zone.
- Added comfort – A zoning system makes it possible to control airflow and temperature in one area, so other areas of your home are not affected.
- Quieter performance – A zoning system that’s integrated with a variable speed or two-stage HVAC system results in maximum performance and efficiency for your cooling/heating equipment. Lower speeds equal reduced sound levels, so you enjoy the quiet performance.
End the thermostat war today
Homeowners in search of a permanent solution to the temperature battles should consider a zoning system such as the iHarmony® four zone system, and advanced system from Lennox.
Adjust temperatures in any zone remotely
When combined with the iComfort® Wi-Fi or iComfort® S30 thermostat, the iHarmony zoning system makes it possible for members of your family to adjust any zone’s temperature using a web-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone – remote control and convenience!
Mini-splits for add-on spaces
Have a sunroom or other area where it just isn’t practical to install or extend ductwork? A mini-split system is an ideal solution with high-efficiency ratings of up to 10.50 HSPF and 23.50 SEER.
At Haley Mechanical, our Southeast Michigan HVAC professionals understand the battles families often face when it comes to home comfort. As a trusted Lennox Dealer, we invite you to contact us today to learn more about zoning systems and mini-splits that make it possible for every member of your family to enjoy comfort while saving on energy costs.